Monday, June 2, 2008

Fire at Universal, damages BTTF courthouse

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-studiofire2-2008jun02,0,5175136.story

I just read the Universal Studios is battling a fire on their backlot. A part of the story also indicates that many classic movie sets have been damaged due to the fire. It saddens me to learn that the courthouse square from my favorite movie, Back to The Future is on of those affected.

I actually got to see the courthouse a few times as a child. However, it was before I considered that movie to be my most liked. And I really don't think I took it all in back then knowing what it was that I was looking at. It's too bad, as now I may not ever see it again. I guess you always figure it will be there, and you figure someday you will return to see it again. I hope I can find images from my parents to help remember me being there.

I also hope that no one else gets hurt and that many of the other movie memorabilia that can not be recreated makes it out of this one.

No comments: