Thursday, March 12, 2009

Addicted to (Caribbean) Photosynths

I'd have to say that I really enjoy Microsoft Lab's new Photosynth site. If you are not familiar with it, it is a site\program that will stitch together a series of photographs to give you a panoramic, a view around a specific point, or the ability to drill down by zoomin in or out to closer or farther away perspectives.

I just took a cruise through the Eastern Caribbean. This gave me a great opportunity to build a few of these photosynths of the beautiful locations I visited. I am not a photographer and these were done just through the point and shoot camera inside of my CanonHV20 Camcorder, but they look decent and it is still a very fun way to get a good complete view of the scenery.

These are the synths I built:
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
St. Thomas, USVI
St. Thomas 2
Megan's Bay
Dickenson Bay, Antigua



Note: You will have to install the app in order to view them.

No comments: